Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday Update

It's been kind of a busy week.

Thursday I attended the district Cub Scout leader roundtable and learned about the multitude of awards acheivements available to Cub Scouts.  Wow!  There's even a bunch of stuff for leaders to earn, if a person is in to that sort of thing.

On Friday we had conferences for both of the boys.  Both are doing very well.  Xander is making lots of friends in his morning program.  Nick is doing well with his school work and is a positive leader in his classroom.  He's reading at the 4th grade level, which I thought was pretty cool.  I didn't tell the teacher that he's honing his reading skills on Calvin and Hobbs and Garfield.

Allison went out drinking Friday night, leaving me with the kids.

On Saturday we went to the Mall of America so Allison and Janet could buy shoes.  The boys got to spend some of their saved money, too.  I got nothing.

On Saturday night we went to a party hosted by some friends in the neighborhood.  The theme was Obamapalooza.  A bunch of Nick's friends were there, too, so a good time was had by all.

This morning after church we went to Janet's house for lunch (roast beef and mashed potatoes) and to watch the Vikings game.  A perfect Sunday.

That's our lives in a nutshell.  Now we're just getting ready for Monday.

___
Follow me on Twitter

1 comment:

Sarita said...

Are you kidding? I would be thrilled if my 5th graders enjoyed Calvin & Hobbes. Nothing wrong with the comics, as long as it isn't the only thing they're reading.

I'm glad everyone is doing so well.