Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Al Franken Haunts My Dreams

These signs just sprang up across the street from our house:



This picture doesn't really give you a good perspective on how big these $#^&*# signs really are.

This is what I now see while sitting at my desk in our library. If I have to look at these signs for three months, Norm Coleman (Franken's opponent) is going to look pretty good to me come election day. This isn't about politics; I would have the same reaction no matter whose monsterously large signs these were. As I told Allison, if this were 1860 and these signs were for Abraham Lincoln, I'd probably vote for Stephen Douglas.

(Yes, I'm a nerd.)

2 comments:

Holly said...

Wow! When I compare them to the size of the cars parked on the street, I can see how HUGE they are!

bummer.

MamaD4 said...

Burn them. Burn them ALL!

I'm surprised that Andrew didn't have the first comment to compare his level of nerdiness to yours.

Go forth and enjoy the fair. Take lots of pictures so that those of us who can't enjoy the fried mac-n-cheese on a stick feel better.