Friday, May 29, 2009

Finally Finished the Lord of the Rings Movies

Last night I finally made it through the last of the extended edition of the Lord of the Rings.  I don't have a lot to add to what I said last time except for these random thoughts:

1.  Length:  These movies are long!  The extended edition of Return of the King clocks in at 252 minutes!
2.  A lot of people didn't like the way Return of the King ended.  After the climax of destroying the ring, there are a number of scenes that wrap up loose ends.  Personally, I like the way it ended.  Happily they trimmed the whole Scouring of the Shire business from the movie.  I always felt that episode was a little odd and it never quite sat right with the rest of the book.
3.  My favorite movie of the three was probably the Two Towers, followed by the Fellowship of the Ring.  
4.  I thought Ian McKellan's portrayal of Gandalf was the best acting in the trilogy.




___
Follow me on Twitter

1 comment:

Lars Shalom said...

do you believe middle earth is real?