Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday Morning Run

It's a beautiful Saturday morning here in Saint Paul. The kind of morning that makes me very happy that I live in this wonderful neighborhood in this great city.

I wanted to do a longer run this morning, but I wasn't sure where to go. I'm pretty bored with my usual routes. After checking around various websites that allow people to share running routes, I decided it would be fun to run on Summit Avenue. I've driven it many times, but never walked it or run it. I picked a route from Cleveland Ave (near St. Thomas) to Dale Street and back which was around 6 miles.


View Summit Ave Run 6 mile in a larger map

I'm telling you it was a fantastic run. Perfect weather. Sunny, but with lots of shade on the route. There were other runners out, but not too many. There was almost no traffic. Days like today make running worthwhile. They cancel out all of those crappy runs on days when you don't want to be out there.

While running, I noticed a lot of houses for sale on Summit. I wondered if this was just normal turnover or were these people who had overreached during the boom times and were now being forced to cut back due to the recession? I saw a lady in front of one of these houses watering her plants. I was going to ask her if they had purchased too much house and now had to cut their losses, but she had a hose and looked like she wouldn't be afraid to use it.
___
Follow me on Twitter

2 comments:

DD4 said...

Are you training for a marathon?

Chris said...

No marathons for me. I might try a 10-mile in the fall. We'll see.