Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Home Improvement

I completed a very significant home improvement project today. See this light fixture?


It is in a closet in our basement. Ever since we moved into the house eleven years ago it has been missing both screws that fastened it to the ceiling. It has just dangled from the wires all this time. How pathetic is that?

Occasionally I have told myself that I'm going to buy some screws and fix the stupid thing. Did I ever do it? No. Not until today, that is. At some point even a lazy procrastinator has taken all he can stand and must do something.

How long did this epic project take? Less than five minutes. I am officially the worst. The only thing that can be said in my defense is that at least I fixed it before it burned the house down or electrocuted someone.

I also replaced the doorbell that's been on the fritz for the past year or so. No more excuses for ignoring people at the front door.

I guess today was the day for fixing long-neglected problems. I kind of liked it. I'll have to do it again in another eleven years. Maybe.
___
Follow me on Twitter

2 comments:

DD4 said...

You're beginning to be like Sarah! Good for you.

Holly said...

Congrats on your accomplishments!!!