Saturday, July 25, 2009

Thoughts on a Saturday Run

Saturday mornings are becoming my time for long runs. Today I did a nine mile route down Summit Avenue from Cretin Avenue to the Cathedral and back. Some thoughts and obervations:

1. There's a little park on Summit Avenue and Ramsey Street that overlooks downtown Saint Paul and the river. It offers an amazing view early in the morning.

2. A lot of people go to the Cathedral around 8 a.m. on Saturday for mass.

3. When you are running and thirsty, all of the sprinklers going off present quite a temptation. I think I would have been shunned by the other runners if I tried to get a drink.

4. I ran by the Governor's Mansion, but didn't see T-Paw. He's probably off giving a speech in New Hampshire or something.

5. A long run in the morning makes Chris sleepy all afternoon.

___
Follow me on Twitter

No comments: